Benefits clients report:
- They are happy that they are spending more time on what they are needed for most in their company and wasting less time on things that can be delegated.
- They have a new-found peace of mind and life balance (they are getting to the gym; ending the workday at a reasonable time; attending more family events; having time to do critical thinking on their business; etc.)
- They find it convenient and economical to only pay for the hours their assistant works (not paying for benefits, office space, equipment, payroll tax, etc.)
- They feel that they have a partner who has their back.
What people get from having an Athena Virtual Executive Assistant:
- Our Executive Assistants are experienced being on virtual/ remote teams and how to perform well in that environment.
- We work with our clients to establish effective communication structures so that you are clear about what work is being done and what has been accomplished.
- Executive Assistance is available anywhere from 10 to 40 hours/week. It’s amazing the difference that just 10 hours/week of support can make in the life of a business executive. Our clients don’t pay for more hours than they really need.
- The President of Athena provides coaching at no additional charge for clients who may have never had an assistant before or want support on how to work most effectively with their assistant.
- The Executive Assistants are independent contractors who work from home, with their own equipment. Our clients save money, not providing office space, equipment, benefits, etc.
Software Used by Our Executive Assistants
Project Management Software
Client Relationship Management (Crm)
basic video editing
What Clients are Saying
I had the good fortune to hire Tim Long for a year as my Executive Assistant, through Athena Executive Services. I run a 20-person, $5 million dollar DC-based nonprofit and wondered how someone on the other side of the US was going to be able to manage my calendar, travel, and other administrative needs. My calendar alone is like an unruly child, constantly moving and changing, balancing both my work and personal life as a divorced mom of a teenage boy. I need not to have wondered… from the first minute we spoke, I felt like I was talking with someone who not only got me, but made it his personal mission to make my life easier. Not only did he quickly learn our organization’s systems and people, he was incredibly responsive despite the time difference. He presented a professional front to external colleagues and clients, and told me the highlight of his time with me was when he scheduled my one-on-one with Senator Bernie Sanders. (That was a highlight of my year too!) Changes within our organization’s funding made it so I had to give Tim up, but it was not because his support of me was a luxury or something I could live without….whomever gets to work with Tim will benefit and thoroughly enjoy his company.Cherise Fanno Burdeen
Here at Pretrial Justice Institute we were interested in exploring how EAs could support our leadership team. We had a team of three EAs working with our five leadership team members. Debra quickly became an essential member of my team supporting us with all requests- from managing my calendar to the project management of several small projects. Debra was well organized, dependable, committed to accuracy and efficiency, and a team player. And even more importantly, Debra held me accountable to the personal and professional goals I wanted to achieve by having an executive assistant. I enjoyed having her as a part of my team and was very pleased with her work ethic and commitment.Tenille R. Patterson, CPA
I’ve never done time at a corporate gig, my work experience is 100% business owner, so what I know about running a business is learned from hard-knocks, books, and great coaches. When my business starts expanding, my go-to reaction is to hunker down, handle the extra work and get it done… which is stupid, and enjoyable for no one, including my family. During this year’s busy season, I worked with Gina to bring on a VA. Guys, hiring a VA is seriously boss-level but on training wheels. Alison was able to get onboard quickly and identify the tasks that I hated doing and did them for me. I am certain that hiring an employee would have been a disaster, this is the best way to scale my time, and I recommend Athena to everyone now. They are awesome.Lacey Jayne
His presence and agility in contributing to our organization quickly became our new normal and helped with my ability to deepen connection to our customers, vendors, and colleagues in a fast-paced startup world critically dependent on professionalism and communication. Xav Dubois
I get a level of communication and responsiveness that is above and beyond what I would receive from someone I could hire off Craigslist for $20/hour. Athena Executive Assistants ensure the job gets done professionally and with quality, versus just doing tasks and logging time.
Athena Executive Services charges more than I was planning to pay, but it makes up for the cost of the real estate, taxes, and benefits I would pay an employee. Everything is done virtually, so I don’t have to worry about having a desk or equipment for my EA. One less headache to have.
Another selling point for me, about hiring an Athena Executive Assistant, was the possibility and permission to say “no” to clients and requests that I normally wouldn’t decline. I don’t have to be the bad guy anymore. Alison is the guard of my calendar. She looks at my schedule and says yes or no based on whether I actually do have the time and space to take a phone call, a meeting or that coffee date. She designs a schedule for me that is way more sane that I had before.
After only just a few months, I experience less stress and anxiety and more peace of mind. I’m now able spend more time on the parts of my business and career that I love the most, which at the end of the day, leaves me fulfilled. Thanks Athena! Roxanna Eberle
Gina was the PERFECT virtual assistant for me. Nearly 600 people count on me to keep things moving. Among other things, Gina tracked my critical open items and literally prompted me at times we agreed upon. Ontime, professional capable and an expert in her field! Amy Goodman
Our high-quality executive assistants bill at an hourly rate on average of $45 – $50. There is a minimum of 10 hours a week.