Athena Executive Services pairs part-time, virtual, Executive Assistants with entrepreneurs, executives, and leadership teams throughout the United States.
Benefits clients report:
- They are happy that they are spending more time on what they are needed for most in their company and wasting less time on things that can be delegated.
- They have a new-found peace of mind and life balance (they are getting to the gym; ending the workday at a reasonable time; attending more family events; having time to do critical thinking on their business; etc.)
- They find it convenient and economical to only pay for the hours their assistant works (not paying for benefits, office space, equipment, payroll tax, etc.)
- They feel that they have a partner who has their back.
What people get from having an Athena Virtual Executive Assistant:
- Our Executive Assistants are experienced being on virtual/ remote teams and how to perform well in that environment.
- We work with our clients to establish effective communication structures so that you are clear about what work is being done and what has been accomplished.
- Executive Assistance is available anywhere from 10 to 40 hours/week. It’s amazing the difference that just 10 hours/week of support can make in the life of a business executive. Our clients don’t pay for more hours than they really need.
- The President of Athena provides coaching at no additional charge for clients who may have never had an assistant before or want support on how to work most effectively with their assistant.
- The Executive Assistants are independent contractors who work from home, with their own equipment. Our clients save money, not providing office space, equipment, benefits, etc.
We charge approximately $50/hour. Minimum of 10 hours/ week. To learn more schedule a call.
Software Used by Our Executive Assistants:
Project Management Software
Client Relationship Management (Crm)
basic video editing
What Clients are Saying:
Ten years of pent up delegation. I had been running my solo practice by myself for 10 years when I added my first VA to handle my back office. A year later I discovered Athena and brought on Christina to handle the front office.
Christina has been an absolute Rockstar in handling all things administrative, freeing me up to focus doing what I do best. I highly recommend Athena Executive Services to anyone who is looking for a true partner to help them get the have-to’s off their plate and focus on the want-to’s.
I just want to say, “Wow!,” Teresa is amazing! She’s had a really significant impact on our business: implementing a new appointment-scheduling system, helping design a new quarterly service routine, and jumping in right-and-left to help with day-to-day tasks. And she does it all with such grace! She’s quickly become an inseparable part of our team.
Good for you for seeing Teresa’s potential and adding her to your team. I’m so grateful!
I have been working with Athena for over a year now. The process from the beginning has been easy and customized to fit the needs of myself and my company. The person that has come to work with us has been a pleasure to work with and highly capable. The fit couldn’t have been better. I recommend working with Athena to help you with all of your business operational needs to ensure you can scale and run fast to meet client demands.
Athena Executive Services is different. My assistant is like a magical organization and operations angel. She makes my life work.
I think a large part of what sets Athena apart is Athena trains the executive and the assistant to delegate via fulfilling on intentions. There is a big difference between having to tell someone all of the details of what I need to be completed versus explaining the overall intention of what I am looking to accomplish and working with my assistant to fulfill my intention. Gina’s coaching ensures the intentions are fulfilled.
Additionally, I never have to worry about my assistant getting demotivated because I’ve given them one of the most not fun tasks ever, like organizing all of our legal documents for the past 10 years. Gina ensures that each assistant is connected to what difference those tasks makes for the executive, so the tasks are done with care.
My Virtual EA has helped me be measurably more efficient. Sam (Virtual EA) has reduced the amount of time and mental space (key) that I was using with emails and loose ends (meetings, follow up calls, travel arrangements, document signing, etc).
With his help I have been able to concentrate more on the vision, culture, team, and resource allocation of our business in a way that has eluded me previously.
Here at Pretrial Justice Institute we were interested in exploring how EAs could support our leadership team. We had a team of three EAs working with our five leadership team members. Debra quickly became an essential member of my team supporting us with all requests- from managing my calendar to the project management of several small projects. Debra was well organized, dependable, committed to accuracy and efficiency, and a team player. And even more importantly, Debra held me accountable to the personal and professional goals I wanted to achieve by having an executive assistant. I enjoyed having her as a part of my team and was very pleased with her work ethic and commitment.
I’ve never done time at a corporate gig, my work experience is 100% business owner, so what I know about running a business is learned from hard-knocks, books, and great coaches. When my business starts expanding, my go-to reaction is to hunker down, handle the extra work and get it done… which is stupid, and enjoyable for no one, including my family. During this year’s busy season, I worked with Gina to bring on a VA. Guys, hiring a VA is seriously boss-level but on training wheels. Alison was able to get onboard quickly and identify the tasks that I hated doing and did them for me. I am certain that hiring an employee would have been a disaster, this is the best way to scale my time, and I recommend Athena to everyone now. They are awesome.
His presence and agility in contributing to our organization quickly became our new normal and helped with my ability to deepen connection to our customers, vendors, and colleagues in a fast-paced startup world critically dependent on professionalism and communication.
What is a Parliament, you ask? In Greek mythology, the owl is the symbol for Athena, the goddess of wisdom. Owls are generally solitary, but when seen together the group is called a “parliament” as they have long been considered to be of a wise disposition.
The Executive Assistants who are selected for our team go through an extensive 5-phase screening process, including an audition that usually takes two to four days to complete. This audition allows them to demonstrate their prowess and ability to do the kind of work we most often do for clients.
GINA COTNER - CEO
- Serious Dog Lover
- I love word games and card games
- Favorite game on my phone – Boggle
- I’m a fighting warrior for people living lives that they love
JENNIFER TRACY - OPERATIONS MANAGER
I obsess over my dog Tes
I love traveling anywhere with my husband, but especially Cabo
I love to cook!
My favorite music is Frank Sinatra, ABBA and Air Supply and I own it!
- Head over heels for my 5-year-old son, Aksel
- Music junkie
- You can always find me with camera in hand
- Love being on the dance floor
- I am obnoxious about the people that I love having a life that they adore
- Originally from Pittsburgh, PA
- My favorite thing is traveling the world with friends!
- AND following Phish!
- I love sharing my life with friends and family
Initially had plans to become an English teacher
Specializes in Executive Administration, Social Media Management and Content Writing
Loves helping others and going that extra mile for her clients
Lives in the woods of Sammamish, Washington with her hilarious husband and teenage daughter
Has lived in seven states and three countries
Frequently found camping on the Oregon coast
Sassy, radical, homeschooling parent
Studied to be a theatrical stage manager
Geeks out about spreadsheets and project planning software
Loves assisting others that are out to change the world
- Born and raised in Thailand
- Was a professional Muay Thai fighter
- Spartan racer and scuba diver
- Dedicated to my family
- Cooking is a passion
- I am an opera singer
- I compete in karaoke competitions!
- I love to travel internationally
- I have an insatiable love for spicy food
- Super Woman single Mom to an amazing Super Woman daughter
- I enjoy drinking iced coffee even if it’s 32 degrees outside
- Movement is my passion! I take ballet for fun and have taught Fletcher Pilates for over 10 years
- I live in Maui & am an active outdoor enthusiast. I own a mountain bike 2 SUP's & snorkel gear
- I adore the ocean & typically walk at least 5 miles on the beach every day
- I'm a certified SCUBA diver
I have completed 5 triathlons, most as a coach, and I have raised over $70k for cancer research
Mom of twins
- Loves hosting Game Nights with friends and family
- I am a trained Artist and can often be found drawing in colored pencil in my free time
- My favorite place to be is on the water at the lake!
The beach is my happy place
Love animals of all kinds...currently the family has two snakes, bearded dragon, turtle, two goats, pig & a dog!
Food is one of my favorite things, especially Mexican food
Love cooking (not so much baking)
Proud Momma of three wild, sassy girls
- I have dual citizenship with Luxembourg
- I have traveled to 19 countries, 3 continents and have lived in 3 countries
- I love spreadsheets and checklists
- I am insatiably curious about humanity
- I am a photographer and have been doing professional photography for 17 years
- I live in Mexico
- I am a huge Seahawks fan
- I am a proud auntie to Etta
- I have a cookie decorating side hustle
- I'm a obsessed with organizing and planning (yes, I have a color-coded calendar)
- I'm a mama to a sweet baby boy
- I've been a horseback rider since I was 13 years old
- I'm an East Coast girl and have lived in New York my whole life
- My husband and I enjoy finding delicious eats wherever we go
- I love to travel, my favorite trips were to the Amalfi Coast & South Africa
- I'm a Momma to a sweet baby girl
- I'm originally from South Dakota but now live in Los Angeles and love it!
- My greatest passion is nonprofit work; I am committed that all women get to live powerful, free, and sovereign lives
- I love to work out, lift weights, practice yoga, and go to the beach
- I love to cook but baking is my passion
- I buy way more plants than a normal human being should
- I spend as many weekends that I can going to the beach
Gina does an amazing job of generating value and connection with a virtual team. Though I worked as an individual and ran my own business, I also knew I had a team of amazing resources if ever I needed anything. Being part of the Athena team had me grow professionally and personally. We were always looking for where we could take the company vision, not just to clients, but to ourselves. Gina cares about the well-being of everyone she works with, clients as well as contractors. Athena truly takes on the definition of partnership and having your back. You absolutely know you’re going to get the results that make a difference when you work with Athena.